We are looking for a Network Engineer for working on a trading product. In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of network administration and architecture (IP routing, firewalling, and VPN), AWS, and, ideally, Linux.
- 3+ years of network administration and architecture in geographically spread environments;
- 1+ years of cloud networking (preferably, AWS) with at least medium-sized networks. Experience with TerraForm is a plus;
- Understanding of communication and dynamic routing protocols (including BGP);
- Basic understanding of Linux administration and experience with command-line interface (you should not be afraid of vi);
- Combined experience with detailed technical knowledge and hands-on practice working in networks and networks hardening;
- Proficiency in access control models and network security;
- Working knowledge of network diagnostic, monitoring, and analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark);
- Experience with Service Desk systems (e.g. Jira Service Desk, ZenDesk, Solarwinds) and enterprise-class monitoring systems (e.g. Zabbix, DynaTrace);
- Working knowledge of CDNs (e.g. Cloudflare), DNS, certificates, and domain management;
- Ability to work independently;
- SPOKEN English (company's official language) at B2 level (Upper-Intermediate), at least.
Will be a plus:
- Experience with FreeBSD, Cisco, Checkpoint;
- More than basic experience with Linux;
- Experience with VoIP in general and SIP cloud providers particularly;
- Solid knowledge of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS);
- Experience with Wi-Fi networking;
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills of scripting languages (e.g. bash, Python, Perl);
- Professional certifications (e.g. BSD Specialist, Ubuntu Professional, CCNA);
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and deploy functional networks (mostly AWS and some remote physical data-centers using LAN, WAN, VPN, and firewall technologies);
- Monitor network performance and integrity;
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot cloud and local infrastructure using a service desk system, including 24/7 support on a rotational basis;
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness;
- Create, oversee, and test security measures (e.g. access authentication/authorization, disaster recovery);
- Communicate with internal users and Customer Service when needed;
- Compile and maintain thorough technical documentation;
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability.